in Wilderness Tourism
Entrepreneurship Training in Wilderness Tourism covers vital entrepreneurial skills and provides real world challenges that teach you how to be an entrepreneur.
Our Entrepreneurship Training is the pinnacle of our Lodge Management Training. We teach you how to be an entrepreneur by opening the door for you to direct and manage one of the subdivisions of Chilcotin Holidays. This rare opportunity fuels unmatched growth and development of your entrepreneurial skills by challenging you to manage real business situations in a real wilderness tourism company.
Our Entrepreneurship Training is incredibly effective because we don’t limit your education to the theory of running a business. Instead, we challenge you to draw upon everything you’ve learned throughout your Lodge Management Training and actually run a business. This is the kind of real world application that you can’t get from a university course, and it’s the cornerstone for success in any wilderness tourism company.
Throughout your entrepreneurship training, you’ll benefit from the diversity of learning opportunities and experiences that are available at our wilderness tourism company. Chilcotin Holidays owns and operates 15 unique programs. As the manager for one of these subdivisions of Chilcotin Holidays, you will be responsible for ensuring that company-wide principles, stewardship of the land, and sustainability initiatives continue to have a meaningful impact at every level.
And while this seems like a daunting task, you won’t have to “go-it-alone” like most first-time entrepreneurs. Instead, you will have the full support and extensive experience of our wilderness tourism company as you learn how to be an entrepreneur. From the complex process of applying for government licenses to the implementation of standardized operating procedures, we provide training and coaching in all aspects of running a wilderness tourism business.
During Entrepreneurship Training, you will
- Discover first-hand what it takes to run a successful wilderness company and put those principles into practice
- Develop your entrepreneurial skills through real world training
- Learn how to foster symbiotic business relationships (a principle inspired by nature)
- Identify and focus on target goals for your branch of the company
- Learn how to be an entrepreneur who acts with definite purpose, instead of one who wastes time reacting to unimportant matters
- Gain exposure to and experience in all facets of running a real company in the wilderness, including...
- Creating a corporate environment that promotes focus, discipline, and excellence among your employees
- Establishing safety protocols to minimize the inherent risks of working in the wilderness
- Navigating the challenging process of applying for and renewing government and park licenses
- Capitalizing on marketing cycles and current trends in the industry
- Working with international clientele and travel agents
Leadership training inspired by nature
At every point throughout your entrepreneurship training, you will be building and refining your entrepreneurial skills. And, you will have the opportunity to implement innovative ideas and identify new goals that will take your entrepreneurship skills to the next level. Upon completion of your entrepreneurship training, you will have the required entrepreneurial skills and real world experience to build your own wilderness tourism company. More importantly, you will possess the confidence, vision, and determined purpose to lead your future company and your team through whatever challenges come your way.
The opportunity to turn your entrepreneurial dreams into an actual reality is yours for the taking. We have the experience, resources, and connections to support your wilderness ambitions. If you are committed to your goals and ready to invest in yourself and in your future, then we invite you to join us. Take the first step by contacting us today.
The program is set up so a student can study full time one month at a time for up to 6 months. Alternatively modules can be completed at different times according to the student’s schedule.
Please contact us and we will set the dates for you!
- Wilderness School Manager
- ESL School Manager
- Accommodation Rental Manager
- Woodlot Logging Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Guest Ranch Manager
- Products & Services Manager
- Horse Pack Trips Manager
- Snowmobiling Manager
- Hiking Tours Manager
- Wildlife Viewing Manager
- Mountain Biking Manager
- Backcountry Skiing Manager
- Fishing Trips Manager
- Bushcraft and Survival Manager
- Guide Outfitter Manager