Ranch Based California Bighorn Sheep Tracking and conservation Trip
Are you looking for an experience that allows you to disconnect from city life and reconnect to nature?
- Learn the habitats and behaviour of California Bighorn sheep
- Track sheep by horseback, hiking or truck
- learn how to identify rams, ewes and lambs
- Escape the distractions of daily life in our remote mountain setting
- Connect with nature and yourself
- Join in real conservation projects that safeguard the local ecosystem
- Experience a 4 or 7 day trip with all meals and accommodation provided
On your ranch based California Bighorn sheep tracking trip, arrive at the ranch and enjoy lunch in our historic lodge. Then set out in our wildlife tracking truck to look for sheep, prepare for the rest of the trip and review the trip itinerary with your guides.
Next morning drive out early, scouting for California Bighorn sheep at prime spots along the way. After returning to the ranch for lunch, drive out again in the afternoon, looking for California Bighorn sheep in different locations.
Early morning and evening are the best times to see sheep so head out at sunrise and sunset to scout for California Bighorn sheep and look out for grizzly and black bears, mule deer, moose and other animals in their natural habitat.
Learn about where to find the sheep and their behaviours. Record every animal you see in our wildlife sightings form to contribute to habitat and population management. Remove invasive species and collect data along the way such as grizzly hair from rub trees for DNA analysis.
3 Steps to your unforgettable adventure
Talk with one of our mentor guides
You'll discuss the details & goals of your adventure
enjoy your wilderness adventure with us!
Leave the chaos of city life behind as you reconnect with nature and yourself
5 Benefits of Nature that You Need now!