Ice fishing on our remote mountain lakes
A striking stillness that slices through winter’s chill...
A cherished pastime handed down from one generation to the next...
On our ice fishing trips, you’ll experience the tranquility of mountain lakes as you enjoy the time honored tradition of ice fishing. Our pristine lakes are home to healthy populations of BC’s most popular game fish, including Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout, Bull Trout, Mountain Whitefish, and Kokanee Salmon. In our ice fishing trips, we use the local knowledge and experience we’ve gained over the past 25 years in these mountains to take you where the fish are biting.
So whether you’re seeking uninterrupted solitude or the chance to create mountain memories with friends and family, our fishing trips in the snow-covered Canadian wilderness allow you to get away from it all as you get back to nature.
A pristine setting for a worry-free getaway
Ice fishing on our remote mountain lakes is the ultimate way to experience a Canadian winter. With endless mountain ranges and pristine wilderness in every direction, our ice fishing trips provide the kind of majestic, tranquil setting that will quiet your mind and refresh your spirit. Our glacier-fed lakes support thriving populations of Rainbow Trout, providing prime opportunities for winter trout fishing. Mountain Whitefish, Brooke Trout, Bull Trout and Kokanee Salmon also make their home in the clean, cold waters of our local lakes. Throughout these fishing trips, you’ll have opportunity to fish multiple lakes and bait for different species every day, making the most of the diverse fish that winter in our mountain lakes.
Because these are all-inclusive vacations, our ice fishing trips allow you to focus on the fun of the sport as we attend to the details. In addition to accommodations and meals, our all-inclusive vacations provide you with experienced wilderness guides throughout your ice fishing getaway. Your guide will lead you along stunning trails and drive you over mountains roads as you journey to prime ice fishing locations. Once you’re there, we’ll take care of hole drilling and set you up for a successful day of ice fishing with a jigging rod or tip-up pole and appropriate bait. And if you forgot about obtaining the correct fishing licenses before you arrived, don’t worry. We have fishing licenses available online.
Mountain memories that will last a lifetime
While we make the most of prime fishing locations and specific baiting techniques, for us ice fishing isn’t about the science behind the sport- it’s about the heart. We craft our ice fishing trips to bring you closer to nature and to foster meaningful mountain memories for all of our guests. Whether you’re swapping fish tales around a roaring fire or feasting on your freshly cooked catch-of-the-day, your ice fishing getaway will be full of special moments with family and friends. And if you’ve come to the mountains for solitude and refreshment, our ice fishing trips won’t disappoint. Set in the midst of remote wilderness, our winter trout fishing allows you to see and experience the majesty of nature. As you look out upon towering, snow-capped mountains and endless skies, the quiet stillness that hovers over the icy lakes will rejuvenate your spirit and wash away your worries. As you approach your ice fishing destination each day, you’ll likely see incredible local wildlife, such as bald eagles, golden eagles, deer, moose, bighorn sheep, and even wolves.
Whatever your purpose for coming to the mountains, our ice fishing trips allow you to experience the wonders of wintertime in Canada as you relish the quiet moments that make fishing trips so fulfilling.
- Be part of a tranquil fishing experience whilst surrounded by an awe-inspiring winter wonderland
- Challenge yourself by catching fish that are swimming below a thick sheet of ice that you are on top of
- Travel to a plethora of fishing locations while breathing in authentic Canadian wilderness and viewing wildlife
- After a eventful day, come back to the ranch and enjoy a warm fire while your catch of the day is being cooked up
- Midday arrival and lunch at the ranch
- Map orientation highlighting prime fishing locations throughout the territory
- Discussion of back country safety and survival skills
- Angling license regulations
- Overview of angling techniques and equipment selection
- Head out to a local lake and catch a few fish
- Hearty ranch style dinner
- Overnight in Ranch accommodations on Ranch property
Day 2 and 3
- Basic entomology in preparation for ice fishing
- Discussion of angling methods
- Fishing at local lakes
- Break for lunch
- Fishing at local lakes
- Dinner and completion of daily fishing report
- Overnight in Ranch accommodations
- Morning fishing activity
- Update lake records with data from your daily fishing reports
- Farewell lunch and graduation
- Depart from ranch
**Please Note: Our programs are subject to the unpredictable weather and terrain conditions that come with a mountainous environment. And while we do our best to stick to the itinerary, there are times when the current conditions and needs of the group require us to adjust schedules, fishing locations, etc. This is part of any true wilderness experience, however, and we are well equipped to adapt the adventure to changing conditions.