View our blog
For Sale Business and Guest Ranch related property offered for Sale by McBride Realty Center Ltd. For complete information packages contact Rodger Peterson, Owner/Broker at firstname.lastname@example.org 1-877-569-2735.
ADVENTURE TOURISM EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Guest Ranch Jobs, Summer, year-round employment and resort positions. Horse Careers, wilderness guides, equine positions, office and clerical staff, and cooks. Chilcotin Holidays is a Licensed Guide Outfitter, conducting guided wilderness adventures throughout our 6,000sq km operating area. We are a 4-Season operation located in the south Chilcotin Mountains of southwestern British Columbia. Since 1990, we have combined our knowledge and skills, and have developed a unique variety of “once in a lifetime” adventures for our guests. We are creators of wilderness experiences. It is what we do best – and what we will continue to do with uncompromising commitment. We invite you to be part of this creation process with our employment opportunities.
We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for training and exposure in Adventure Tourism and the Guide Outfitting Industry.
We believe a person must evolve or reinvent himself or herself constantly in order to keep moving forward. Our staff’s growth and progress comes through overcoming the challenges presented in their work and the life here at the Ranch, each and everyday.
We are looking for self-motivated, goal oriented people to experience and live the wilderness life in the best that Canada’s British Columbia has to offer. With the nature of our business, we require employees who can take initiative, are flexible and can multi-task. Our staff are self-reliant, independent and capable. Successful candidates will be eager to learn, will have a positive attitude, and will be ready for a challenge. We are located in the remote wilderness setting, so re-location is required.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Your job must be your priority if you are to truly experience a rewarding and satisfying experience working for one of the most diversified 4 Season Wilderness Guest Ranch in Canada. We offer competitive wages and numerous benefits including:
- The pay for our professional guides ranks as one of the highest industry. Working in the service industry means that gratuities can also be substantial. Staff wages are reviewed monthly and increased in line with the level of growth and job performance
- We tailor job descriptions that fit the personalities and abilities of each employee
- We recognize the efforts and successes of our staff with staff bonuses, including opportunities for horse riding, joining our wilderness adventures, and discounted trips for families and friends
- You will experience a healthy and active lifestyle. We promote healthy living, with our healthy menu, as well as our Smoke Free Ranch policy. There are also numerous physical and recreational activities available to staff
- We provide you with training and advancement opportunities. We encourage you to constantly grow, with changing job descriptions considered an indicator of growth and success
- We believe in Professional Development and offer a breadth of opportunities for work, education, recreation, travel and advancement
- We offer a variety of work schedules
- We provide onsite accommodation and meals. Transportation is available for staff between Vancouver and the Ranch
- There are substantial cost-of-living advantages. There are no constant living expenses such as utilities and there is no outside entertainment or shops to spend your money on. Our staff are able to save their earnings
- There are plenty of opportunities to make friends and meet guests from around the world and you will be working with quality guests and exceptional staff
- As we are a 4-Season operation, our staff have the opportunity to be employed year round and learn different aspects of the Wilderness Tourism business
As a 4-Season operation, we hire year round and hire people from all walks of life, including:
- Students in high school/university/college looking for summer or seasonal work
- Staff in the professional trades such as welders, carpenters, mechanics that wish to diversify
- Retired individuals from mixed backgrounds with the time to pursue life long interests
- Foreigners with approval to work in Canada that wish to experience Canadian wilderness
Please consider carefully before applying. We are a unique work environment, where staff work, live and socialize together in a communal environment and we are located in the remote wilderness. This is not for everyone.
However, if you can commit and contribute to the lifestyle, foster the success of the business, and have a clear goal, purpose and motivation for working at our Ranch, then we invite you to review our job descriptions and complete and submit our online Employee Application Form. Alternatively, fax your cover letter and resume to (250) 238-2241, or email your cover letter and resume in the body of the email to email@example.com . Please note we do not accept email attachments.
Like our staff, we are continuously growing and evolving. As such, there are always a number of job positions available year round.