Grizzly Bear Tracking Adventure
Track the mighty grizzly bear through forested trails and meadows
Where the call of the wild sounds like a roar
You’ll never forget your first sighting of a grizzly bear in the wild. It’s the kind of heart-stopping moment where everything you imagined pales in comparison to the living, breathing reality before you. On our grizzly bear tour, you’ll enter the stunning wilderness these majestic creatures inhabit and experience the thrill of tracking grizzly bears in Canada.
Discover more than you expected
Track the mighty grizzly bear through forested trails and meadows of wildflowers. Crawl inside an abandoned grizzly den, and gain a whole new perspective on the world around you. On our guided grizzly bear tour, every step of the journey adds to the richness of your overall experience. And while the thrill of observing grizzly bears in Canada is hard to beat, we want you leave your wildlife viewing experience with more than a few sightings. We want you to have a deep understanding of how each grizzly bear interacts with the wilderness around it. These insights drive you to connect with nature on a deeper, more purposeful level. That’s why our guides take every opportunity to enrich your grizzly bear tour. Place your hands in their tracks. Feel where a grizzly bear has ripped into the side of tree, leaving massive claw marks behind. With each tactile experience, you’ll start to see the wilderness through new eyes and connect with nature in profound ways. As you track each grizzly bear, you’ll likely find that you’re also tracking a whole new outlook on life.
A haven for grizzlies
The South Chilcotin Mountains are an incredibly unique cross section of habitats, which make this region ideal for wildlife viewing. Grizzlies make their home in this territory because it meets all of their habitat needs for feeding, bedding, and creating dens. Our grizzly bear tour takes you to the bears’ seasonal dwellings- from the lower slopes to the progressively higher meadows and wetlands. You’ll see grizzlies’ territorial rub trees and evidence of their foraging in marmot and pika burrows. And throughout your grizzly bear tour, you’ll learn how our park fosters such a healthy population of bears. For instance, the whitebark pine seeds pack so much nutrition that the grizzly sows in our territory often have 3 or 4 cubs at a time- a much higher average than most grizzly bears in Canada.
We invite you to join us for a genuine encounter with nature during our Grizzly Bear Tracking Adventure. We think you’ll find more than you were looking for in this boundless wilderness.
- Explore hidden meadows frequented by grizzly bears and their cubs
- Hone your tracking skills and learn to spot signs of grizzly activity
- Feel the thrill of following promising leads along the trail
- Witness Canada’s majestic wildlife in their natural habitat
- Discover the soul-stirring beauty of BC’s true wilderness
- Early morning departure from Vancouver aboard the Chilcotin Express Shuttle
- Midday arrival and lunch at the ranch
- Map orientation that highlights the trails and places you’ll explore throughout your grizzly tracking trip
- Head out in our wildlife viewing truck and scout for Grizzly Bears along the way
- Dinner and review of tomorrow’s itinerary with your guide
- After dinner learn all about our grizzly hair research and ongoing conservation projects/efforts
- Overnight in ranch accommodations
Day 2 and 3
- Hearty breakfast at the ranch
- Ride along mountain trails in our wildlife viewing truck
- Scout for signs of grizzly bear activity, including tracks and scat
- Follow promising trails and leads with your guide
- Gain new tracking skills as you learn more about the instincts and behaviors influencing grizzly bear movement
- Hike through lush forest and along open trails along which grizzly bears can be found feeding to a deserted grizzly bear den*** and learn how grizzly bears choose their den locations first hand
- Enjoy a pre-packed lunch and continue exploring trails further from the ranch
- Keep your camera ready for more grizzly bear and wildlife viewing opportunities after lunch
- Drive back to the ranch for a homestyle dinner
- Relax around a bonfire or step onto the deck for spectacular star-gazing
- Overnight in ranch accommodations
- Breakfast at the ranch
- Hop into the wildlife viewing truck for one final tracking expedition
- Using trail conditions and grizzly observations from the past two days, we maximize the morning’s viewing opportunities
- Return to the ranch for a farewell lunch
- Depart from the ranch, arriving in Vancouver in the evening
**Please Note: Our trips are subject to the unpredictable weather and terrain conditions that come with a mountainous environment. And while we do our best to stick to the itinerary, there are times when the current conditions and needs of the group require us to adjust schedules, campsites, etc. This is part of any true wilderness experience, however, and we are well equipped to adapt the adventure to changing conditions.
*** Our Grizzly Tracking Adventure requires a basic level of fitness as we hike to good viewing points or follow promising leads. A moderate fitness level is required
ENQUIRY & BOOKING
For more information and booking fill in this form and we’ll get back to you.