Black bear Tracking Adventure
Entering the wild and rugged habitats of black bears in Canada
Come to Chilcotin mountains, a home of healthiest populations of black bears in Canada
With incredible power and remarkable agility, the black bear is truly a wonder to behold. Throughout your black bear tour, you’ll experience the thrill of wildlife viewing as you explore some of the most beautiful and remote wilderness in British Columbia.
Home sweet home
Stunning mountain ranges, endless forests, and rich plant life. Both people and bears seem to appreciate the epic beauty of the South Chilcotin Mountains. With pristine habitats and undisturbed forests, our mountains support one of the healthiest populations of black bears in Canada. And as you explore these mountains throughout your wildlife viewing experience, you’ll likely come to understand why so many black bears make their home here. Throughout your black bear tour, your wildlife guide will take you to fields and meadows where we often spot black bears feasting on roots, berries, and fresh shoots of grass. Wildlife viewing is truly special in the spring, as the black bears in Canada emerge from their dens in search of food. It’s not uncommon for us to see female black bears foraging in the low alpine meadows with two or three cubs in tow. On more than one black bear tour, we’ve even spotted rambunctious cubs scurrying up a tree as their protective mom keeps a watchful eye.
Capturing moments and savoring experiences
During your black bear tour, your wildlife guide will work to create prime wildlife viewing opportunities, where you’ll often have clear sight lines and long observation periods of the bears. As wildlife photography enthusiasts ourselves, we’re all for capturing the moment. What we find even more exciting, though, are the experiences and feelings that no camera can capture. Like the breathtaking moment when you see your first black bears in Canada. Or the feeling of placing your hand in the tracks of this emblem of North American wildlife. Those magical moments are what drive us to create a black bear tour that captures the wonders of wildlife viewing in such majestic wilderness.
A wilderness experience where peace of mind comes standard
When we categorize our wildlife viewing as all-inclusive vacations, that means far more than just accommodations and meals. Throughout your black bear tour, you’ll have an experienced wildlife guide who will give you an insider’s tour of the complex, wondrous wilderness that surrounds our ranch. From map orientations of the bears’ habitats and migration patterns to fun facts about our local bears, you’ll walk away from your black bear tour with a greater understanding of these magnificent creatures. On our all-inclusive vacations, you also benefit from the local knowledge that we’ve accrued over 25 years in these mountains. This insider information leads to more successful wildlife viewing because we know where the local black bears are likely to be during each season and time of day. And, most importantly, our all-inclusive vacations also include peace of mind. Entering the wild and rugged habitats of black bears in Canada does involve inherent risks. There’s no need to worry, though, because we structure each black bear tour to minimize risks. Each wildlife guide has trained in bear safety and adheres to our proven safety protocols for wildlife viewing.
So rest assured that during your black bear tour, we’ll attend to the practical, necessary details of your adventure so you can relax and fully savor each special wilderness experience.
- Explore hidden meadows frequented by black bears and their cubs
- Hone your tracking skills and learn to spot signs of black bears activity
- Feel the thrill of following promising leads along the trail
- Witness Canada’s majestic wildlife in their natural habitat
- Discover the soul-stirring beauty of BC’s true wilderness
- Early morning departure from Vancouver aboard the Chilcotin Express Shuttle
- Midday arrival and lunch at the ranch
- Map orientation that highlights the trails and places you’ll explore throughout your Black Bear tracking trip
- Head out in our wildlife viewing truck and scout for Black Bears along the way
- Dinner and review of tomorrow’s itinerary with your guide
- Relax around the fireplace or step onto the deck for spectacular star-gazing
- Overnight in ranch accommodations
Day 2 and 3
- Hearty breakfast at the ranch
- Ride along mountain trails in our wildlife viewing truck
- Scout for signs of Black Bear activity, including tracks
- Follow promising trails and leads with your guide
- Gain new tracking skills as you learn more about the instincts and behaviors influencing black bear movement
- Enjoy a pre-packed lunch and continue exploring trails further from the ranch
- Keep your camera ready for more black bear and wildlife viewing opportunities after lunch
- Drive back to the ranch for a homestyle dinner
- Overnight in ranch accommodations
- Breakfast at the ranch
- Hop into the wildlife viewing truck for one final tracking expedition
- Using trail conditions and black bear observations from the past two days, we maximize the morning’s viewing opportunities
- Return to the ranch for a farewell lunch
- Depart from the ranch, arriving in Vancouver in the evening
**Please Note: Our trips are subject to the unpredictable weather and terrain conditions that come with a mountainous environment. And while we do our best to stick to the itinerary, there are times when the current conditions and needs of the group require us to adjust schedules, campsites, etc. This is part of any true wilderness experience, however, and we are well equipped to adapt the adventure to changing conditions.
ENQUIRY & BOOKING
For more information and booking fill in this form and we’ll get back to you.